Home Assist Secure
Seniors and Accessibility Assistance — one-off assistance of up to $5000 for larger home repairs or upgrades to improve home safety or security. Our extra services for Queenslanders affected by COVID-19 — delivery of essential items and regular welfare checks.
Seniors and Accessibility Assistance
Home Assist Secure has been temporarily enhanced, during the COVID-19 recovery, to provide one-off assistance of up to $5000 for larger home repairs or upgrades to improve home safety and security. This work will also deliver local opportunities for tradespeople and contractors across the state.
Repairs and upgrades can include:
- electrical work (e.g. upgrading electrical safety boxes and smoke alarms to meet safety standards)
- plumbing works (e.g. to minimise water wastage, including replacement of hot water systems)
- building works to improve accessibility (e.g. building or repairing ramps and steps, improving driveway and property access)
- replacing unsafe floor coverings
- installing internal stairs or chair lifts, and security doors and screens
- major repairs (e.g. roofing repairs, guttering replacement, stump replacement and replacement of rotting timbers on floors and decks)
- necessary modifications to kitchens and bathrooms.